Featured Post

"You LIKE this?" Alice Cooper - Sick Things (TheSnoop Sisters) (1974) (HQ)

Do you remember the Snoop Sisters, Mom?  I bet you'd remember THIS episode! I've been searching for a good quality clip of this...

Wednesday, October 5, 2011

new project

Here's a project that will take a few days - an old rocker we have lost the back panel. Instead of trying to repair the splintered back, we've decided on something different.

We decided to work a couple of slats into the back pieces. While we were looking at the rocker, I had a flash of inspiration.  I'm sure everyone knows the rod and slat contraption designed to air dry clothes that can fold up.  We had one that broke recently. I grabbed it off the back porch and held it up for my sister and Mom to see. 

"The dowels are too thin," Mom said.

I held it up again by the slats and her eyes sparkled.  I took a hammer and took it totally apart.

We are going to use the slats as the back piece on the rocker. Our first thought was to fill in the holes where the dowels once went with wood putty.  I then had the idea to wrap twine through the holes, tying them together and making it look like a "fan"










No comments:

Post a Comment