Featured Post

"You LIKE this?" Alice Cooper - Sick Things (TheSnoop Sisters) (1974) (HQ)

Do you remember the Snoop Sisters, Mom?  I bet you'd remember THIS episode! I've been searching for a good quality clip of this...

Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Wooden Menorah in Progress

I bought a menorah (not a Hanukkah menorah, a regular 7 stand menorah) at a local thrift store for $3.00  I'm not sure how it connected to Kwanza but I'm going to bring it back to a Jewish menorah.

Right now, it's a work in progress.






Step 1: remove the dark paint





I used Jaxco paint remover and it took 4 coats of the stuff to get down to the interesting red wood underneath.  Next I'll sand the remaining dark brown paint off and then Dremel, sand out the Kwanza/outline of Africa.

I have a plan for the space that will be carved out when that is gone but I'll wait to post what that is. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment