Featured Post

"You LIKE this?" Alice Cooper - Sick Things (TheSnoop Sisters) (1974) (HQ)

Do you remember the Snoop Sisters, Mom?  I bet you'd remember THIS episode! I've been searching for a good quality clip of this...

Tuesday, August 2, 2011

revamped lamp

I got a candlestick style lamp from a thrift store for $3.00.  It was a reddish brown with brownish accents, bent holder for the harp and no lampshade or cap thing.






I spray painted it flat black and did the accents in antique copper





We found a lampshade and harp and Mom sewed some amber colored beads on the lampshade





so I have a lamp that is tall enough to read and do crafts by at night and fits in with my neo-Victorian interests.

The lampshade came from an outlet store (along with the harp).  The cap thing came from Lowes.

The spray paint was from Home Depot and the accent paint from Hobby Lobby

the beads were some we had.

1 comment:

  1. guess you covered all the stores.. Check out ArtsyFartsy on the side of my Creates blog,, click on her site, she is always going to garage sales, and redoing things,, might be your style,, interestingly when chatting with her found out she is in FRESNO!Finally met her at a quilt guild meeting.

    ReplyDelete